Trinity Angel Rose

Documenting The Life Of A Little Angel And Her Family

Monday, November 27, 2006

Here We Go Again

So we just got back from Johns Hopkins on Saturday night with no Trinity - although we were supposed to bring her home.

I speak to the Dr. today after rounds - and believe it or not if Tony and I pass the training for inserting a ng-tube we can take her home the end of this week.

As much as I want to go pick her up at the first possible second - I can't keep doing all this back and forth. I have missed so much work in these past 4 weeks. I can't keep missing all this work and not knowing for sure if she is going to be coming home. I know this sounds like such a "mean" and "unloving" mother, but times are tight. If there was an 100% chance she would be home, there wouldn't be a single thought about not going. But we were told she was coming home Thanksgiving, and things happened making that impossible.

So Tony has a call into Johns Hopkins to see if we can have Trinity transferred back to PRMC (which is only 2 miles away) and we can receive the tube training there and have Trinity discharged. Who knows if they will allows us to do this, but it would be so much easier to do.

I think what has me the most frustrated is - when we were at the hospital over the weekend they told us that Trinity could not come home and they were considering transferring her to either PRMC or PG county hospital for observation. Now the story is - Trinity can be discharged on Wednesday is she has no other heart rate problems, but we have to have the training first. If we don't "pass" the training for the tube then she will be transferred to another hospital to stay until her g-tube surgery happens (which right now is scheduled for 12/22). The stories have been different and changing - and this makes everything more confusing for all of us.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd
    ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or
    maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?
    My site addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and
    I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you're interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog by the way!

    My web-site; http://www.livingwithrheumatoidarthritis.org/rheumatoid-arthritis-symptoms

     

Post a Comment

<< Home